Sunday, May 4, 2008

Quarters, Unlike Pennies, Will Be Around For A While

I actually don't collect anything.  Well, maybe DVD's, but that's not something very interesting. But just recently, I've been collecting the new state quarters.  They started being issued in 1999 and the last of them are due out this year.  This is a temporary collection because once I've gotten all them, I'm going to give them to my mom, who actually loves collecting things.  So far I have all but 6 states.  It's wierd, once you get into collecting these quarters, and you get change from buying something you immediately start looking at the quarters to see what state they are.

2 comments:

Mike said...

Yeah, my boss at work collects quarters and the new presidential dollars. Whenever I mention I'm going to the bank, he'll ask me to get him some specific change.

Musings from Me said...

I bought three quarters collection albums for my children. I thought it was a good idea at the time, but I am behind on collecting quarters for one of the albums and the other album has holes too small for the quarters to stay put. I will need to superglue the quarters in place. It is a nuisance. I will eventually finish all three albums.