Monday, April 7, 2008

Lovely Alien

Maria, Jill, Mike and I came up with this little story.  We tried to convey a short story within 5 panels of information.  

Our story is called "Lovely Alien" and it is about an astronaut landing on a planet.  He then encounters what he thinks is a cute, lovable little alien.  The cute alien then shows his true colors and the rest of its body springs forth from the ground exposing its true self.  The astronaut shoots the alien with this laser gun, but the alien splits and becomes two!  The two aliens then devour the astronaut.  They then see another space ship about to land and bury their more gruesome halves underground, only letting their cute, lovable tops to be exposed.  The second astronaut then lands and the entire horrific cycle starts over.

I enjoyed this little project quite a bit.  It was a good exercise in establishing a story within specific keyframes.  We chose the 5 most important "scenes" of the story and created key frames that progressed the pace of the narrative.  I think we did a good job of establishing a beginning, middle and end as well.  This was fun!





3 comments:

Anonymous said...

I like the idea a lot. I looked at the panels to decipher the story before reading what you intended. The only problem I encountered, and I feel others would too, is that the second astronaut looks the same. I was confused and thought the first astronaut had lived.

Musings from Me said...

Gabe--Thanks for scanning and posting our project. I think we did a good job, too, of capturing a rather detailed story in 5 panels.
The astronauts are the same, but the spaceships are different. All astronauts from the same country/space organization would have the same uniform, though.

Anonymous said...

You're right about the ships. I hadn't noticed that. Sorry about that little mix up. Well then, it is very cool. I like it.