Tuesday, March 18, 2008

Interesting Typography


I think an interesting example of typography is handwriting.  I've posted two pages of my wife's handwriting, which receives compliments of being so nice and neat ALL THE TIME!  I actually don't like her handwriting at all!  I've also included two pages of my handwriting.  And yes, I have terrible handwriting, I admit it.

I just think it's interesting to see and notice handwriting of different types all around.  Mine is terrible because I write really fast and therefore things look sloppy and messy and often times illegible (even to me).  My wife's writing is always consistent and consistently "neat".  There are people whose handwriting is incredibly small and people whose handwriting is, well, too large or messy (i.e. doctors handwriting) and so forth.  I think it's very interesting to compare and notice the different types.





2 comments:

Silpa Nanan said...

I think your wife has the most beautiful handwriting that I have ever seen. She must be a very smart woman.

Mandy M said...

I agree with the commenter who has a strangely familiar name...

Really, that is very beautiful handwriting. I was quite envious of it when you showed it in class. My handwriting is awful, and it gets worse and worse as I get older.